Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Great Gatsby...


This car was a "beaute," and it's owner LOVED it...so much that he was washing windows in the middle of the shoot. Too bad I don't have a photo of HIM. =) This is the happy couple Tristen & Kevin as captured by their upcoming wedding photographer Garrett Davis.


Teran Sheffer is modeling my Camille Headband. Photo courtesy of: Theresa Minnette Photography


I love this beautiful shot of Tristen & Kevin taken by Greg Fiske. Tristen is modeling the Marilyn Headband.


Not too long before he can "kiss the bride." Officially. Awwwww. Had to show another photo of them because it was so kissy-kissy cute! Photo by Garrett Davis Photography.




So, with business plugging along, I went forward with another photo shoot. The theme was "The Great Gatsby." I had to read that book in high school, but I personally don't remember ANYTHING in it. =) I've heard that it wasn't the happiest story...but I think we were going more for the style of the times than the storyline.


We got some models, some real couples, about 50 photographers, hair & make-up artists, vintage clothing, amazing hairpieces, a GORGEOUS vintage car & we had the makings of a FABULOUS day! We were in downtown Claremont, borrowing the studio of the very generous, gifted photographer Garrett Davis of Garrett Davis Photography. I never knew how quaint downtown Claremont was! The enormous, old trees, the lovely train station, the muted buzz of people at the local shops. It reminded me so much of Ohio, the place where I grew up...a place that will always be home to me.


We had various settings for the day; an indoor lighting session (as this was a learning forum for photogs), a session outside with the real couple (Tristen & Kevin...who are clients of Garrett's & getting married in a few weeks!), a session at the frat house, one at the train station. It was great. I had a chance to meet so many new people & had a great time! Not to mention, the photos of my hairpieces were amazing! To top it all off, I reunited with an old friend who I hadn't seen in about 13 years (Emily Ivey)...who happens to be a wonderful photographer! You will definitely see some of her photos in posts yet to come!


Once again, I will post links as soon as I figure it out. If you see something you like, but cannot find that biz online, please contact me at bowsnberries@aol.com. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment