Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bows-n-Berries First Photo Shoot!!!

So, I'm sorry it was so hard to narrow down photos...and I only know how to put them in a single column on this darned blog...but HERE THEY ARE!!


Alex. Dress from Miso Fly. Amanda Headband. Emily Ivey Photography. Jessica Hunter make-up artistry.


Kaylie. Cream Poppy Headband. Only a photographer like Emily Ivey could make this dead-looking bush (to me) look BE.A.U.TI.FUL!


Kaylie. Cream Poppy Headband. Cindy Turner Photography.


Alex. Miso Fly Jacket. (I wanted it, but now it's gone. Booooo.) Maya Headband. Fab shot by Cindy Turner Photography.


T-B: Alex, Kaylie, Brooke. Jackets from Miso Fly. Various Hair Pieces. Lovely photo by Hanssie Trainor Photography.


Brooke. Miso Fly Jacket. Natasha Headband. Hanssie Trainor Photography.


Kaylie. Black Jumpsuit from Miso Fly. Lindsey in Gold Headband. Hanssie Trainor Photography. Jessica Hunter Make-up on all photos!


Alex. Coat from Miso Fly. Because we all wear our gorgeous Miso Fly jackets in trees. =) Hanssie Trainor Photography.


Sasha Headband. On my Grandma's piano. And Hanssie didn't even know how special that photo was going to be to me. =) Hanssie Trainor Photography.


Brooke. Blue shirt from Miso Fly. Jesse Headband. Emily Ivey Photography.


Kaylie & Alex. Jackets from Miso Fly. Kaylie is wearing Leila Feather Headband. Alex-Sasha Headband. Emily Ivey Photography. And look at that GORGEOUS make-up!! Love it! Done by Jessica Hunter.


Kaylie, Alex & Brooke. Alex is wearing Miso Fly jacket. Various B&B Headbands. Emily Ivey Photography.


After the Great Gatsby shoot, I mustered up the nerve to try to get into a lovely boutique store in Redlands (& Rancho Cucamonga), called Miso Fly. They bought some headbands during the holiday season, and they flew off the shelves! It was so exciting!! I had to take more in before New Years! What a great feeling to have something that you made be loved by others! And to have your stuff sell in a store that you love...it's quite an experience!


Shortly after all this, Hanssie suggested that we do a B&B Couture shoot...just for ME! Ahhhhh! I was jumping for joy. She put the word out to models and more, and away we went. We talked over suggestions; I got clarity on my vision and what I wanted to create, and with the help of many, my vision became reality! We had three amazing photographers: Hanssie of Hanssie Trainor Photography, Emily of Emily Ivey Photography, and Cindy of Cindy Turner Photography. (Just add a .com to any of those, and you'll be at their site. =)) We got some BEAUTIFUL clothing from Miso Fly, and with our three gorgeous & fun models, Kaylie Wilson, Alex Oakley and Brooke Conlin, we were just about set. Last, but definitely not least, we had a wonderful make-up artist, named Jessica Hunter (jessicahunterartistry@gmail.com)! She did such a wonderful job making our models even more lovely! I can't thank all these people enough!


The shoot was done locally, and I was looking for several looks. First was a monochromatic sort of look with light make-up, to allow my hair pieces to really "pop." Second, I wanted a sort-of couture, high fashion look. And third, fourth, and fifth...well, we just didn't have time to do all the things I wanted, so we'll be doing some more fun stuff later! Just an excuse for more fun! I can say that we had such a great time. We used about every second of daylight that we had, did several make-up changes, plenty of clothing changes (the dressing room was...uh...dangerous, to say the least!). And I made my models & photogs pig out with some yummy food that I prepared for them! Anyway, I think it was a hit...and so did others. IeStyle Magazine saw the photos on Miso Fly's site and wanted to do a spread in their magazine! So we got published! You can get a magazine at many local Inland Empire boutiques, or view it online at http://www.iestylemagazine.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment