Thursday, July 22, 2010

DATE NIGHT!!!!! Part A...






Sooooo, I had a lovely write-up already done for this blog post; however, somehow I clicked undo one too many times, and blogger wouldn't let me "redo." Argh!!! So, instead of the longer, wonderful post that I had previously, I'm gonna keep it short & sweet. =)

Having 5 kids, my hubby and I sometimes need a breakaway. So he planned a perfect little overnight date, with one of my photoshoots squeezed in between activities...and he was nice enough to tag along!!

First up...Vallee d' Brume, a fabulous bakery & cafe that offers a "taste of the valley"--local ingredients prepared in the lovliest of desserts & more. We weren't too hungry, so we had a tiny snack while we waited for our lunch of a great panini & one of the best leafy green salads I've ever had!! Very reasonable prices and great service, by the way! After lunch, we had some yummy coffee with one of their fresh peach tarts. Let's put it this way; I didn't remember to take pictures until we were almost finished! =)

Second stop; a photoshoot coordinated by Nikki Evans Photography featuring some of my hairpieces. We tromped around a beautiful property for several hours, and Nikki was kind enough to let me use her DSLR camera...my first time using one! Yay! You'll get to see some of my non-pro pics now (LOVE the heart-shaped leaves that were on the trees there...my idea!! I'll show the pros' versions of some of the pics later!)

Then, you'll have to stay tuned for Date Night...Part B!


No comments:

Post a Comment