Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring 2011 Collection Part II: A Photog, a Make-Up Artist & Some Models

I wanted to post a few more photos, but also tell you a bit more about Fresh Ivey Photography & Kimberly Bragalone Make-Up Artist.

I've known Emily Ivey, of Fresh Ivey Photography, for over 15 years but I hadn't seen her in at least 10 years due to busy lives and such. However, when I joined a local photography group, I happened to meet her at a shoot and I somehow recognized her after all those years! We reconnected, reminisced about old times, and thought of ways to work together (and it was a good excuse to get together for lunch or coffee!). She was one of the photographers in my first Bows-n-Berries shoot, that was featured in IE Style Magazine. Since then, we've talked about working together, but with our busy schedules it hadn't happened yet. Until I started my Spring 2011 Bridal Collection, at which point I asked her if she would do me the honor of shooting my line. She said yes and we got to work!

I was having trouble finding a Make-Up Artist, when Emily was able to get Kimberly Bragalone. I had worked with her before, but didn't dream of asking her, thinking that she would be too busy! But alas, we caught her on a good day, and she was able/willing to work with us! YAY for us! She was on top of her game...she showed up (on time), fully prepared (of course she knew what time of day/what type of lighting & clothing we would be using and what look I was going for), and was completely amazing. I thought she would do some hair & make-up and head out to enjoy the rest of that bright, sunny day! But nope...she hung out, gave suggestions, helped clip in hair accessories and touched up the girls every few minutes. She was awesome!

I'm sure you would be so happy to have either one of these wonderful gals help you for your wedding day or any other special day! Please click on the links above to see their websites, and let them know I highly recommended them. I want them to know how much I value their work, and I'm sure you'll value it too!

Last, but certainly not least, my models from this shoot, Natalie Brewster and Kaylie Wilson, were such sweethearts. I love gorgeous girls who are not obsessed with themselves, and that describes them. They were beautiful from the inside out. Isn't that refreshing? Both were so sweet and easy to work with! I don't want them to ever model for anyone but me! lol... Okay, I guess that's not true, and I'm sure they will go far in the industry. I hope to work with them again and hope for nothing but the best!











2 comments:

  1. LOVE the hair pieces! Love the photoshoot! Love the blog!! Looks fabulous!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you and photograph your hair pieces. The pics look so perfect in your cute site!

    ReplyDelete